Suggest treatment for severe anxiety while on Clonazepam

Dr. Richa Agarwal

OBGYN

Posted on Fri, 3 Mar 2017 in General Health
Question: Hi doctor my bp has been high after I developed anxiety and I'm on 3 meds clonidine paxil and clonazepam my bp rate ranges from 136/80-16/90 why is that?
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 2 minutes later
It could be due to anxiety only rather you are taking medicine for the same.
Please hit thanks.
Follow up: Dr. Richa Agarwal 9 minutes later
I understand that anxiety may cause my BP to go up , but how dangerous is it for my body to have a BP that goes up to 160/90 or more sometimes ? I'm 22 fit eat very healthy no red meet no drugs not cigarettes. I'm lacking on some good exercise but whenever I try it makes me more anxious.
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
You can take antianxiety drug.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,

Thanks for trusting me about your health care.
I have gone through your history and understand your concerns.

At your age 160/90blood pressure is on higher side but as it is due to anxiety, you can take antianxiety drug for the same.

Hope you found it useful, feel free to ask more information.
Good luck.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D