Suggest treatment for severe acne

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist

Posted on Wed, 22 Mar 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have been suffering from some infection on my head , cheeks and neck in which the skin is showing infetcted with many pimples on these areas with pain in them,
I have been applying HHSONE from a week and it has given me some benefit but still the problem is persistent.
I have uploaded picture of each area which is affected
Please advise
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can't see any pictures, upload them again

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at healthcare magic
I can't see any pictures.
Kindly upload them again so that I can have a clearer picture of the condition and can guide you accordingly.
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 14 minutes later
I have added the pictures again. Could you please check.
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Acne vulgaris and its management

Detailed Answer:
I have reviewed all the attached photographs and you seem to be suffering from acne vulgaris.
You should avoid using hhsone cream as it is a steroid and will provide only temporary benefit and will ultimately ead to worsening of your pimples.
If I was your treating doctor I would recommend you to take capsule doxycycline 100 mg once daily and apply adapelene gel 0.1 percent on the pimples over the face at night.
On the neck and chest region you can apply benzoyl peroxide 10 percent gel on the bumps twice daily.
These are prescription drugs and you need to see the doctor in person to get them.
Besides this avoid oiling of scalp, avoid using oily creams and cosmetics on the face and neck and reduce the intake of sugary foods.
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Follow up: Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 31 minutes later
Thank you Madam.
I have some queries , could you please give your a little bit time on this.
May I use adapelene gel 0.1 percent on my face only night?Then what should I use on my face on day time.
Is benzoyl peroxide 10 percent gel is a washing gel? Can I use this to wash my face also? If not then please suggest me a face was for daily use.
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Adapelene at night, no need of cream during daytime for face

Detailed Answer:
You have to use adapelene gel on the pimples over the face at night time only.
No need to apply any cream during the day time.
Benzoyl peroxide 10 percent is a cream formulation that needs to be applied on the pimples over the neck twice daily.
Benzoyl peroxide is not used for washing the face.
You can use fash facewash or facecare facewash for washing your face twice daily.