Suggest treatment for severe abdominal pain

Dr. Hari Charan Perigela

General Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 28 Mar 2017 in Lump
Question: For two weeks I have had pain On the left side of my abdomen almost even with the belly button. Pants cause more pain by putting pressure on it and sometimes I feel the pain down below and above the area. I feel a weird rumble feeling in my upper left stomach also. Thank you for your help
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You should be investigated.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Pain in the left side of the abdomen could be due to Left Ureteric stone,Colonic lesion etc.Ultrasound abdomen will give a clue.
If it is normal,then the pain could be due to Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).Till investigation, I prescribe Pre and Probiotic capsule twice daily to my patients with similar complaints.
Hope I answered your query.If you have any questions, I will clarify further.
Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D