Suggest treatment for seizures

Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Wed, 24 Aug 2016 in Headache and Migraines
Question: I get a high fever for 103 , more or lest by a degree, very month which I take oral antibiotic for and gets me back to a normal fever. If I don't start them soon enough , I end up in the hospital in the ICU with the strongest antibiotics, but I have been in that situation too close to dying to feel comfortable. Non of my specialist seem to know what's up? I have several specialis( Rheumolotologistt, pulmonologies, neprohologist,gastroenterologist,and so on ) as I have fought autoimmune disease since the age of nine when I almost dies from bleeding kidney , until they tried prednisone. Additionally I have had two unconnected breast cancer, 20 year apart. I have several bouts the past six months of drop attacks that normally feel like my knees just buckle, but a couple of time I have shaken like I am having a seizure. ( I have broken toes and ribs from these falls) All of my specialist seem to stick to their own speciality, and can't help me find what is up with these weird systems . Who should I see / what should I do? Thanks for any advice!
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Seizures to be evaluated further.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HCM.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

Drop attacks and shaking may be related to seizures activity, so this possibility should be evaluated further by consulting with a Neurologist and having done EEG.

Furthermore, periodic fever may be related to neuroinfections too, so, brain imaging (MRI) is necessary as well to evaluate any possible structural brain change that may be related both to seizures and infection.

About the fever and infection source, besides blood work that you uploaded, I think is necessary to collect and examine your blood, urine and cerebrospinal fluid (hemoculture, uroculture, and CSF biochemistry+culture), because to eradicate an infection it is necessary to isolate the causing microorganism and to tests its sensibility towards antibiotics.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Greetings.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Erion Spaho 5 days later
Thanks - I am getting a referral to a neurologist, and maybe checking out Otheostasis for the falls. Also, i am seeing an infectious disease doctor to try to fine the source of the infection.
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Feel free to ask if any questions.

Detailed Answer:
Hi again.

Feel free to discuss with us if you have any other questions or clarifications.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad