Suggest treatment for seizures

Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis

Posted on Tue, 20 Oct 2015 in Accident and Emergency
Question: When I am asked by the hospital to follow up with a primary care doctor within 72 Hours for a hospitalization follow up as mandated by state law ... and they cannot make the follow up until 6 weeks out, I'm still having seizures daily tried to follow up with neurology same thing.... What other options do I have??
Answered by Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
If you're having seizures you can visit the ER

Detailed Answer:

short term appointments can be difficult to find. If you're having a seizure then this is a medical emergency and you can visit the ER.
There is always the option to visit a doctor in private practice. The hospitals are usually very busy. Private practice appointment availability may vary. Explain your situation to the secretary or the doctor and they'll probably try to help. Obviously I cannot provide specific information about Hudson, as I don't practice there, but this is the rule.

I hope you find my comments helpful!
You can contact me again, if you'd like any clarification or further information.

Kind Regards!
Follow up: Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis 10 minutes later
well what I am asking is would this be grounds for paging paging on call physician?
Answered by Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis 1 minute later
Brief Answer:
yes

Detailed Answer:
As I've already pointed out, seizures are medical emergencies and they should be treated as soon as possible. If you're under treatment and you still have seizure attacks then the treatment might have to be reconsidered.
So the answer to your question is yes, you should...

Kind Regards!