Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for resistant scabies

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1992
Answered : 621 Questions
I've been diagnosed with scabies after being infested for months and seeing seven doctors who misdiagnosed me. I was covered in bites. The mites spread up my body but I was told they will not go on the face or scalp. I've been doing the treatments with the cream and took pills and even left for a week but when I came back thinking I'd finally succeeded in ridding myself of this disease, I got more bites and two weeks ago noticed a really itchy bump on my upper lip. After about four days I noticed a burrow moving across the top of my lip, it's gotten very scaly and irritated. The mite moved up the side of my nose and under my eye. The left side of my face is numb, burning and itchy all at the same time. My dermatologist says that it cannot be scabies because they do not go on the face, but the bite is exactly the same as the bites on the rest of me. What is the general consensus on this and how can I treat this on my face??
Posted Tue, 5 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Behar Greca 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Resistant scabies and Skin bacterial infection...

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thank you for posting.

I have gone through your query and I understand your concerns.

According to your symptoms and to your medical history, I can say that you suffer from resistant scabies.
I recommend Benzyl Benzoate Lotion 25%, to my patients. This treatment is very effective in treating scabies. However, you should consult your dermatologist to discuss about this treatment.

As for the bump in your face I think it is related to furuncle, skin bacterial infection.
It is not related to scabies.
The treatment of this furuncle contains antibiotic. To determine the exact antibiotic medicine you need an antibiogram.
Contact you bacteriologist for this test.

Feel free to ask me for anything unclear.

All the best.
Dr. Behar.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor