Suggest treatment for resistant scabies

Question
I've been diagnosed with scabies after being infested for months and seeing seven doctors who misdiagnosed me. I was covered in bites. The mites spread up my body but I was told they will not go on the face or scalp. I've been doing the treatments with the cream and took pills and even left for a week but when I came back thinking I'd finally succeeded in ridding myself of this disease, I got more bites and two weeks ago noticed a really itchy bump on my upper lip. After about four days I noticed a burrow moving across the top of my lip, it's gotten very scaly and irritated. The mite moved up the side of my nose and under my eye. The left side of my face is numb, burning and itchy all at the same time. My dermatologist says that it cannot be scabies because they do not go on the face, but the bite is exactly the same as the bites on the rest of me. What is the general consensus on this and how can I treat this on my face??
Posted Tue, 5 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Behar Greca 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Resistant scabies and Skin bacterial infection...

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thank you for posting.

I have gone through your query and I understand your concerns.

According to your symptoms and to your medical history, I can say that you suffer from resistant scabies.
I recommend Benzyl Benzoate Lotion 25%, to my patients. This treatment is very effective in treating scabies. However, you should consult your dermatologist to discuss about this treatment.

As for the bump in your face I think it is related to furuncle, skin bacterial infection.
It is not related to scabies.
The treatment of this furuncle contains antibiotic. To determine the exact antibiotic medicine you need an antibiogram.
Contact you bacteriologist for this test.

Feel free to ask me for anything unclear.

All the best.
Dr. Behar.