Suggest treatment for redness on the legs

Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin

Posted on Tue, 14 Mar 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have redness on the front side of both legs from the top of the foot to about one third the way to my knee. It started two days ago but is better now. almost gone.
Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It can be allergic but needs to be evaluated with clotting profile too

Detailed Answer:
Hi!
Welcome to health care magic! Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible.

Based on the history you have shared, it can be allergic rash but it's location is significant as some rashes in autoimmune or infective conditions may can be expressed in the shins as you have mentioned XXXXXXX erythema nodosum etc, but usually these are tender and painful. Since it isn't the case so hopefully it won't be anything significant or allergic rash, but some basic blood work up like complete blood counts, ESR, CRP and Clotting profile may also be needed. Since it is resolving and not significant so no acute management treatment is needed but a detailed evaluation by a dermatologist or your primary physician is mandatory.

Hope this has answered your query, if you have any more questions, feel free to ask.
Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj