Suggest treatment for red rashes on face of a toddler
A photo and some information needed.
Thank you for using HCM to post your health query.
I read carefully your question.
Can you post a photo of your baby's skin in our system so I can have a look at them?
I will also need some more information in order to give a more accurate answer.
-- Are the lesions spread in other parts of the body other then the face?
-- Are those itchy or producing pus?
-- Does your baby have fever or other symptoms that affect his general condition?
-- Has he done all the vaccinations needed for his age?
-- Do other people in your family have similar lesions?
-- Does the place where you are living have mosquitos or other bugs that you have noticed? Why are you thinking of bed bugs, have you seen any?
Any bit of extra information counts so please let me know and I will be happy to advice accordingly.
Looking forward to your follow-up question.
If you cant upload picture please give me the other information.
Thank you for the follow-up question.
You should have an option in your HCM page that allows you to upload a photo or more. It is there, just look around and explore the page.
If not, then please just give me the information and describe the lesions and I will try to understand and give an as possible accurate answer and advice that I hope will be helpful for you.
Let me know.
The treatment is the same
Hello dear XXXX,
I understand your concern. It makes sense that he might have been bitten during night, but those can be usual mosquito as well, or any other bugs, because they bite during night as well.
If the red lesions are only in the exposed areas, then most probably they are bug bites. Either if those are bed or flying bugs the treatment is the same.
In this case I would recommend using anti-itch cream, which will lower the redness and inflammation of the red lesions. From the anti-itch creams, use only one which has hydrocortisone 0.5%, very thin layer, once/day and not more then 1 week in a row.
If those lesions are in other parts of the body, which are covered by clothes, then it may be something else other then bug bites, so that is why I need the information I required above. I cannot help much if I don't have that information.
Let me know if you need more clarifications.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for growth on face
- Suggest treatment for recurrent itchy red skin rashes
- Small red bumps on face suggest the treatment
- Rash on the side of face with itching suggest treatment
- Toddler diarrhea rash treatment
- Suggest treatment for pin prick rash on face and arm
- Suggest treatment for loose stools and vomiting in a toddler
- Red itchy rash in armpits suggest treatment
- Suggest treatment for face swelling following dental treatment
- Toddler labia rash treatment
- What causes bulge around rectal area that appears post exercise?
- Suggest tests to diagnose herpes infection
- What causes difficulty in losing weight while suffering from blood clot...
- Can Hydroxycut be taken daily along with Metformin?
- Suggest treatment for torn achilles tendon and nerve pain on left foot
- Can Clindamycin cause tendon rupture?
- What causes tender lesions on back spreading towards breast?
- What is low body temperature defined as?
- How long does Morphine remain in the body?
- What causes fever, cough and strange sound while breathing?