Suggest treatment for red itchy sweat rash on groin area

Dr. Praveen G

Infectious Diseases Specialist

Posted on Thu, 7 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi I've been using diprogenta cream for a sweat rash I get in the groin area and on my bum, but now it's red and itcy
Answered by Dr. Praveen G 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Wait for few more days

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Healthcare Magic,

I have gone through your history and the picture attached. These rashes will subside with the cream you have been using.

This is an steroid cream which has provocative effect on the rash which will regress the rashes.

I would suggest you to use it for another 2- 3 days along with oral antihistamine. The symptoms will improve. If the symptoms are not improving you may have to undergo lab tests like KOH mount and absolute eosinophil count.

Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Ashwin Bhandari