• question-icon

Suggest treatment for recurring cough and cold

Posted on Wed, 12 Jul 2017 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: I had unprotected vaginal sex 10 years back (one time lasted 5-7 mins) in south east asian country. I carried out a rapid test in XXXXXXX XXXXXXX at 4 weeks, followed by an antibody test (Elisa) in 90 days which both were negative. I had always had a lingering doubt about the certainty of the outcome and therefore very recently I carried out another test at the hospital which was TRIDOT test which came negative too. Do you believe I should consider and further testing or reasons to worry? I do not have any health conditions except that I have a recurring cough and cold problem which comes and goes.. No other serious illness expect for anxiety and depression related issues.. Would appreciate your answer.
I just wanted to check,
1) whether the test I did after 10 years post exposure would still be true since I read that body may not have enough HIV antibody after such a long time from potential exposure.
2) Is tridot a reliable test and can detect after 10 years from exposure?
3) Were the earlier 4 weeks and 90 days window period of testing were correct for the rapid / elisa test
Apologies for being extra inquisitive which i guess is due to the google effect.
XXXX

Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No need for further testing!

Detailed Answer:

The bottom line is that you are HIV negative and the encounter 10years ago in one way led to infection by HIV.

1. Yes, this test is valid and would have rather been strongly positive.

2. This was and is still a reliable test for HIV.

3. This was correct. They were negative and further confirmed by the recent tests.

Nurse no further hopes about possible infection from this encounter. You are truly HIV negative.

I wish you well.
Follow up: Dr. Ivo Ditah 25 minutes later
Thanks Doctor Ivo. Your answer is highly appreciated. I am bit confused about your first sentence, " the encounter 10years ago in one way led to infection by HIV". Can you elaborate or did I misinterpret your sentence. Also I believe your interpretation about being negative is "NO HIV" right?

Will await your answer.

XXXX
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Sorry for the typo!

Detailed Answer:

It should have read "" the encounter 10years ago in NO way led to infection by HIV"

Also, negative refers to no HIV.

Let me know if this works for you!
Follow up: Dr. Ivo Ditah 2 minutes later
Thanks Doctor Ivo.. I really appreciate. Many thanks and wish you all the best of health and success.

XXXX
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome!

Detailed Answer:
HI,

Thanks for your kind words. For future queries, you can request a direct response to me by suing the link below:

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-ivo-ditah/67093

I wish you well.
Dr. Ivo Ditah