Suggest treatment for recurrent ulcers in the foot

Dr. Hari Charan Perigela

General Surgeon

Posted on Wed, 5 Apr 2017 in Lump
Question: Do pure circulation my Foot ulcer does not heal ! Can it be a permanent Condition?
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I would like to have some more information.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
I saw the picture.
I would like to have some more information
1.What is the cause of the wound?Any history of trauma is present?
2.What is the duration of the Ulcer?
3Do you have any diseases like Varicose veins,Hypertension,Diabetes etc?
The wound is not healthy.The ulcer is covered with slough which has to be removed.Later,you can clean the wound with Povidone iodine solution and do dressing regularly. I prescribe Antibiotic like Linezolid 600mg twice daily and anti inflammatory tablet to my patientswith similar complaints.
Hope I answered your query.If you come back with answers to my questions, I will clarify further.
Wish you speedy recovery.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 3 hours later
Hi DOc l have no diabetes or any other leg problems just pour circulation duo calsivicashen Iven after XXXXXXX Angioplasty the Ulcer just appeared on his own
Stay the same for 3 month but not heeling despite antibiotic Fucidin cream ?
Will it be permanent or loosing my Toe ?I already last my left Teo 4 Years ago !
Being 87 Years old I am worry about a Operation! So I am ready to die ! XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Once the slough is removed,it may heal.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Nerve supply and blood supply have to be good for any wound to heal.
If the slough over the ulcer is removed,red granulation tissue is expected to develop. Then,after repeated dressing it may heal.
Blood supply to the foot can be known by Colour doppler examination.
Please consult a Vascular surgeon and proceed further.
Wish you good health
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy