Suggest treatment for rectal bleeding with mucus in an infant
BTW..... she has no pain...no cramping... no bloating. She has a normal am bowel movement...... she has no hemorrhoids...
Colonoscopy should be done early
Thanks for your query.
Commonest cause of rectal bleeding without stools which is painless is hemorrhoids. But you say that she doesn't have hemorrhoids. Has a proctoscopy been done? This is done in a surgeon's office by the surgeon only and doesn't require appointment. Proctoscopy can rule out rectal cancer.
If that is normal, we really need to do the colonoscopy as early as possible, because colon cancer is a distinct possibility here. There are host of other non-cancerous conditions which can cause these symptoms, like polyp or vascular malformations. These are also picked up on colonoscopy.
I would emphasize that cancer is not the most common but definitely needs to be ruled out.
Hope this helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Rectal bleeding and ovarian cancer
- Irregular periods breast pain rectal bleeding no intercourse treatment
- Pleurisy and rectal bleeding
- Had rectal bleeding mucus in poo what are treatment options
- Suggest treatment for constipation and rectal bleeding
- Ongoing rectal bleeding
- Stomach bloating pain anemia panic disorder rectal bleeding treatment
- Treatment and cure for Rectal bleeding
- Have rectal bleeding was intussusception suggestions
- Suggest treatment for rectal bleeding