Suggest treatment for rashes on the buttock of a child

Dr. Diptanshu Das

Pediatrician

Posted on Sat, 8 Apr 2017 in Lump
Question: 1)my son is getting Rashes on his bump is this happen when mother eat spice food
2) child's mother is not getting milk in her breast to feed can u suggest any medicine

Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Questions answered one by one.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone through your query and answered your concerns.
* I would insist you to upload an image of the rashes. Possibly the rashes are due to allergic cause and giving antiallergics like cetirizine once daily should help.
* Mother's breast milk is produced on the demand of the baby. Hungrier the baby, more vigorous is the suck. More is the suck, more is the amount of breast milk produced. Giving formula automatically reduces the demand of the baby and thereby the production of breast milk. All you need to do is to switch back to exclusive breast feeding and the production will increase automatically. All you need to do is to monitor the urine output. If the frequency is more than 6 times in 24 hours, you would know that the amount of feeding is adequate. Medicines would not be beneficial. However, she needs to be given plenty of fluids to drink.

Follow up: Dr. Diptanshu Das 22 hours later
my son is doing loose motion is this is due to his mother is eating spicy food
can eating spicy food or meat affect baby in loose mothion
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Unrelated

Detailed Answer:
Let me assure you that the mother taking spicy food will not cause loose stools in the baby. Let me emphasize on the fact that breast milk is the best possible milk for a baby and there can be no alternatives for the same. Most formula milks are cow milk based and hence difficult to digest.