Suggest treatment for psychosis in old age
He needs psychiatrist consultation
Thanks for using healthcare magic. I, Dr Abhishek Kapoor, would help you in this query.
I think, he has underline psychosis. Sometime, in old age, due to some age related organic changes, patients get such kind of psychotic symptoms. In that case, he needs low dose antipsychotic like quetiapine. You should consult a psychiatrist and get his mental status evaluated. That would help you to find out the root cause behind this change in behavior. If he needs medication, then with medications, he would improve in few days, rest depends upon the severity.
If you need further help, you can ask.
Dr. Abhishek Kapoor'
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for manic depressive psychosis
- Postpartum psychosis treatment sizodon
- Treatment and cure for Psychosis
- Suggest treatment for acute psychosis
- Treatment and cure for Stimulant psychosis
- Treatment of k2 induced psychosis
- Treatment of acute psychosis
- Treatment of typhoid psychosis
- What is the treatment for psychosis and hallucinations
- Treatment and cure for Postpartum psychosis