• question-icon

Suggest treatment for psoriasis

Posted on Mon, 17 Jul 2017 in Lupus
Question: Hi Doctor,

My aunt is suffering from psoriasis and consulting a Rheumatologist. She is diabetic and the doctor suggested scapho injection.We wanted to know more about the medicine could you please help.
Answered by Dr. Naval Mendiratta 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Scapho

Detailed Answer:
good evening

thank you for writing on health care magic

Well, Scapho is a good option for uncontrolled psoriasis. It is a new drug launched and has shown good results. But then again it is not a cure. I hope she has been tried with methotrexate at Full dose before going for this drug..

Secondly if needed a biological drug we do prefer infliximab for psoriasis.. if it fails then scapho

Do let me know what specific information she needs and I ll guide you the best way I can

regards
Dr naval
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Naval Mendiratta 39 minutes later
Hi Doctor,
Thanks for the reply .Is scapho a permanent solution. or she needs to take this treatment again.wont it cure completely.
Is it like steroid?
Answered by Dr. Naval Mendiratta 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Fuether course

Detailed Answer:
good evening

Well, no Scapho is not a permanent treatment. It will control the disease well but there is always chance of the disease coming back when you stop it. So we prefer using it as the last resort when all other therapies fail.

No it S not a steroid. It is a different molecule which attacks the one of main gene responsible for causing psoriasis ..

Hope the information was useful

Do let me know for more queries

Dr naval
Dr. Naval Mendiratta

Rheumatologist