Suggest treatment for pressure abrasion on toe of a child

Dr. Kaushik K Murthy

Pediatrician

Posted on Sat, 9 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: My daughter 9 years, 10 months old was learning inline skating. So, she was wearing a shoe that comes along with inline skates. We did not realize that the skates are tight and touching her toe (largest toe). (Though skates were adjustable we did not realize it). Now we see her left leg toe and right leg toe (partially) as slight dis-coloration. Please find the attached photos. Any advice is appreciated.
About pain: Only when her toe touches the couch or any object then she feels the pain in the tip of the toe.
Note: We are from XXXXXXX and living in XXXXXXX Please prescribe any vegetarian medicine.
Answered by Dr. Kaushik K Murthy 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
pressure abrasion

Detailed Answer:
Hi thanks for writing to us

The symptoms you are describing are more like a friction rub or pressure abrasion. (although i cannot find any of the photos attached as you are saying).

Nothing to worry, please take care that the injured part does not come into contact with any hard surface, dirt, over heated materials ect to prevent secondary infections.

Make your child to dip her feet in XXXXXXX warm water mixed with dettol and do gentle cleansing.

Go to the doctor if the area becomes blue black or numb.

Pain subsiding agents are not required unless the pain is sever enough, how ever you can give her paracetamol tablets if she can swallow, that will be half a tablet of 500 mg of paracetamol.

Thank you, regards, kindly do let us know nhow your child is feeling.
Follow up: Dr. Kaushik K Murthy 3 hours later
Hi Dr. XXXXXXX
Thanks a ton. The photos are attached in the report part. Please see photo1.jpg and photo2.jpg attached as reports.
Thanks for the advice.
XXXX
Answered by Dr. Kaushik K Murthy 13 hours later
Brief Answer:
normal great toe.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, saw the photos, nothing to worry as such.

The great toes look okay as far as it is visible in the photo.

If the toe color changes get doctors advice.

Thank you.