Suggest treatment for premature ejaculation and erectile dysfunction

Posted on Fri, 8 May 2015 in Erectile Dysfunction
Question: Hello Sir,
Its been over the last six months that this problem has developed, i have been m arried two years now but never faced this prior to these six months, i have found that while indulging in sex with my wife i seem to lose my erection very fast and as a result have not been able to insert my penis this has been causing e alot of trauma and would desperately like to get this solved, since then i have been mastubrating atleast once a day and find that i am able to do so but i still feel while doing so the erection doesnt last as long as it used to We plan to start a family soon and am desperate to find a solution to this what worries me is why such a proble has started just now over the last few months only it would be great to receieve soe expert advice on this
Answered by Dr. Shubham Mehta 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
tadalafil.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Welcome to HCM.

I can understand your concerns.

You are facing the problem in erection from last six months.
No man can always achieve perfect erection for his life.
Please do not worry. Your problem is curable.

Are you facing any stress recently?
Do you consume alcohol or smoke?
Do you have any medical illness like diabetes, hypertension, obesity?

These can be few causes of erection problem.

Other than this, I think you should avoid daily masturbation.
Not because it can cause sexual dysfunction, but it can lead to desensitization for some time.

I have some suggestions for you:
1. Eat green vegetables and fruits more in your diet.
2. Practice relaxation exercises like yoga and meditation.
3. Practice kegels exercises.

There are drugs like tadalafil which are very effective in erection problem.
However, its a prescription drug and must be taken after consultation with a doctor.

Hope this helps.
Feel free to discuss further.

Thanks.
Follow up: Dr. Shubham Mehta 47 hours later
Thank You Sir,
from your reply I dont really gather as to what I should be doing I neither smoke or drink and have never done so, what is difficult to understand is how it could have started just overnight cause there has been no change in my lifestyle since i got married im on a healthy diet and do not indulge myself too much in any junk food Pls suggest a more precise and definite advice
Brief Answer:
tablet tadalafil will help.

Detailed Answer:
Hi again.
I am sorry that you found it difficult to gather precise course of action from my earlier response.

I will try to explain the details and help you define the course of action in a better way now:

No man can achieve perfect erection everytime. There some incidences when a man feels that he could not perform as good as he wanted. This generates anxiety about performing in future.

When a man is anxious and feels fear during intercourse, there is rise in blood adrenaline which causes vascular contraction in body.

This make blood difficult to reach to penis and it is almost impossible for person to reach erection, and even if he does it is still very hard to maintain it.

And then, it is most likely that both he and partner will go through moments of discomfort, uneasiness, dissappointment, even despair.

In this way, another negative experience is recorded in the brain. This vicious cycle starts then.

This is the explanation for psychological erectile dysfunction.

Since you were having a healthy sexual relationship in past with your wife and you have had no major lifestyle changes in recent times, chances of you having organic erectile dysfunction are rare.

WHAT YOU SHOULD NOW(to be very precise):

1. Practice kegels exercise regularly to increase strength of pelvic muscles.

2. Drugs like tadalafil (prescription drugs) help to sustain erection.
I usually prescribe it to my patients in dose of 10mg daily. This sets off their usual sexual life back to normal.

3. Forget about what is causing this difficulty in erection. Just be assured that the problem is not serious.

3. Stop worrying about getting erections during intercourse. Take a break from ALL kind of sexual activities for a week. Go for a holiday with your wife.
This will rejuvenate your mind and body.

Then you can enjoy your sexual life and plan for baby.

I hope I am able to address your concerns satisfactorily.
(Sorryy for a lengthy response. I feel this would help you more).

I wish you well.

Thanks.
Dr. Shubham Mehta

Psychiatrist