Suggest treatment for pins and needle feeling and rashes on feet

Question
I have the pins and needle feeling on the bottom of my feet. I also have red spots or rash on feet. My hands have two spots and numbness on the side of my little fingers and one thumb.
Posted Sun, 31 Aug 2014 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Danish Sheikh 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Its probably peripheral neuropathy.

Detailed Answer:
I have gone through your query and will guide you in best possible,
What your feeling is paraesthesia,
In elderly quite a few possibility are present,

1)It could be Diabetic neuropathy is the commonest cause,along with vitamin b12 deficiency,
You will have to undergo some test like
CBC and random blood sugar.

2)Some times chronic use of alcohol causes peripheral neuropathy causing this symptoms.

3)Arterial insufficiency may be possibility for it clinical examination of arteries of limbs is necessary,if found positive color Doppler of limb is advised.

Many a times multivitamin tablets helps relive this symptom,but Depending upon the cause the treatment differs.
Hope this information helps,
If you any further queries I will be happy to help.