What does severe pain in the feet at night in a diabetic indicate?
Diabetic neuropathy is suspected;
Hello and thank you for asking!
I can understand your concern regarding to your husband's health.
The pain you described is due to a chronic damage of the periferic nerves from Diabetes, called Diabetic neuropathy.
There are some medications helping to relieve this kind of pain: amiltriptylin, pregabalin, gabapentin, tramadol ect. You should discuss with his treating physician which of them is suitable for him ( having into consideration the presence of other pathologies like hypertension that may be aggravated from some of them).
Of course the blood sugar should be maintained within the normal ranges or target ranges as recommended by his physician to prevent further aggravation of the neuropathy.
Hope the information will help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cure for severe pain in limbs
- What causes severe pain in hamstrings at night
- What causes severe pain in testicles
- Expereincing severe pain in feet and arms
- What is considered severe pain
- Cause for severe pain on the bottom of the feet
- What indicates severe pain in scapula fingers and back
- What is the solution for severe pain
- Severe pain in the right chest what does this indicate
- What is the severe pain in the eye