Suggest treatment for pimples on the face

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist

Posted on Tue, 20 Sep 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I had pimples across my face. Pimples are dead but have left scare which are really dark and looks like the scare from pox.
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Upload pictures

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at healthcaremagic
I am Dr Asmeet Kaur Sawhney, a dermatologist.
I would recommend you to upload the photographs of the affected areas so that I can have a clearer picture of the condition and can guide you accordingly.
Dr Asmeet
Follow up: Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 1 hour later
Hey Asmeet,
Hope you are doing well!

Please find the affected area picture within upload report section.

Do let me know in case you have any question.

Thanks,
XXXX
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Glycolic acid, kojic acid, sunscreen and if possible chemical peels

Detailed Answer:
I have reviewed the attached photographs and would recommend you to apply cream containing glycolic acid 6 percent on the marks at night and cream containing kojic acid on the marks during the day time.
Along with this use a broad spectrum sunscreen gel on the entire face at intervals of 3-4 hours during the day time.
This should help in lightening of the marks.
For faster improvement I would recommend you to consult a dermatologist and go for sessions of chemical peels.
Multiple sittings will be required after every 2 weeks but results will be better than with topical creams alone.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj