Suggest treatment for phimosis

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Thu, 28 Aug 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: my husbands fore skin is not going backward. bcoz of that he gets itching in that...also it smells.. please advice how to make the foreskin movable so that he can wash the same.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It could be due fungal infection

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for your query,

Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that your husband has itching of foreskin and unable to retract it.

I shall be happy if you can post me more details to help me in making comments on his problem. Is he diabetic or have you checked his blood sugar levels very recently? Please get his blood sugar levels tests done to confirm or rule out Diabetes.

Many a times this is presenting symptoms of diabetes and it is due to Muco Cutaneous Genital Candidiasis.(Fungal Infection)

Ask him to apply topical anti fungal jelly like Daskyl.
Ensure to wash genitals with warm water twice daily.
Ensure to avoid sexual encounters till it heals up completely.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,
I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Hi Doctor,

Thanks for replying.
My husband's main concern is the foreskin that doesn't move back as expected.
Itching is not persistent.
Also, he is unable to clean that portion.
We need some solution to make it movable.
Please suggest.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
No medicine to cure Phimosis.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up.Inability to retract foreskin is due to what is called as Phimosis.

There are no medicine that can cure Phimosis.

Please consult qualified General Surgeon or Urologist for clinical examination and to confirm the diagnosis.

He may need to get Circumcised .

This is a simple surgery done under local anaesthesia as a out patient procedure and offers permanent cure .
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 3 hours later
Thanks for replying.

What is the procedure for circumcision?
How many days it takes for healing?
Any topical cream can be applied to avoid the same?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
No cream or medicine can cure .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up.
There are no creams or medications that can cure Phimosis.

Surgery( Circumcision) is the only treatment option where foreskin is excised .

This is a simple surgery done under local anaesthesia as a out patient procedure and offers permanent cure

It takes 10 days for complete healing and .

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Ashwin Bhandari