Suggest treatment for persistent stomach pain

Dr. Omprakash Ashokrao Deshmukh

Pediatrician

Posted on Tue, 2 Sep 2014 in Child Health
Question: From last about 2-3 month he complains for stomach pain 2-3 times a day.
Answered by Dr. Omprakash Ashokrao Deshmukh 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It may be non specific.

Detailed Answer:
Most of the cases of abdominal pain are non specific in children.
Pain away from umbilicus, localizing pain associated with vomiting, loose motions, night time awakening need urgent medical attention.
But if these symptoms are not there and pain is around umbilicus which does not hamper routine activities are non specific.
You can give some antispasmodic like dicyclomine when needed after consulting a doctor.
Get back to me for further query , if you have some.
Hope I helped you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju