Suggest treatment for persistent diarrhea

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Mon, 13 Mar 2017 in General Health
Question: I HAVE HAD DIARHEA FOR ABOUT 2 WEEKS NOW. AND IT IS HAS ALOT OF MUCUS AND I DO HAVE A BOWEL MOVEMENT IT FOR A SMALL AMOUNT AND I GET VERY LITTLE NOTICE . IT JUST COMES OUT.
THE ONLY THING THAT STOPS IT IS IMODIUM....
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
ORS is the mainstay of treatment.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone through your query and understand your concerns. In such a case let me remind you to take plenty of fluids and ORS (oral rehydration solution) since it is essential to replenish the lost water and salts. If that is proper you need not worry even if the loose motion continues. In any case, immodium can be taken if needed.

In the meantime try avoiding milk products and gluten (present in members of wheat family). I hope that would improve the situation.

Let me know if I could help further. In case you have any specific query, please specify and I will help you out.