Suggest treatment for persistent diarrhea and stomach cramps
successful I still have the stomach cramps and diarrhea. What can I do to get rid of this?
Why don't they remove Clindamycin so others don't have this horrible problem?
Hello and thanks for sending the query.
I am sorry that you have been dealing with this uncomfortable diarrhea for so long. If symptoms are persisting then it may be beneficial to have a stool culture and test for C Difficile bacteria.
Also it may be beneficial to see a gastroenterologist for consultation and additional recommendations. One alternative to Flagyl is Vancomycin which could be effective especially if you happen to have C Difficile infection.
Lastly try to also focus on adequate hydration as you could become significantly dehydrated with persistent diarrhea.
Please continue the current treatment recommended by your doctor and discuss a possible referral to a gastro specialist.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sweating diarrhea stomach cramps cold chills
- Treatment for vomiting diarrhea stomach cramps acid reflux
- Bleeding nose diarrhea stomach cramps
- Vomiting diarrhea stomach cramps reason
- Chronic diarrhea stomach cramps taking imodium remedy
- Diarrhea stomach cramps fever headache
- Feeling tired diarrhea stomach cramps how to overcome this problem
- Diarrhea stomach cramps and feeling sick
- What is the cure for diarrhea stomach cramps and nausea
- Diarrhea stomach cramps and headache