Suggest treatment for persistent chest pain

Dr. Kampana

Posted on Wed, 15 Mar 2017 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: i have chest pain from last two days
Answered by Dr. Kampana 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Try home remedies, if persists - complete evaluation is a must.

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concerns. Chest pain can be due to various causes. Commonly it is due to gastritis, muscle spasm, pneumonia, heart attack, gall stones, pancreatitis etc.

Chest pain is a symptom that should not be ignored. It would help me to identify the severity of your chest pain if you could add in some details like - Exact Location of the pain, does it Radiate to the back or arms, do you have Burning sensation(like acidity), do you have Difficulty in Breathing? Any associated symptoms like fever, sweating, cold/cough?

Home remedies like taking anti-inflammatory medications(Dolo, Ibuprofen) or changing your diet- Avoid oily and spicy food, lots of fluid intake, deep breathing exercises (in case of stress) may help relieve chest pain.

If your symptoms persists or worsens it is best to meet your family physician for a detailed examination and treatment.

I hope thins answered your query.

With regards,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana