Suggest treatment for persistent burping

Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju

Posted on Mon, 25 Aug 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Im getting constant burps for the last 3 hours.. I had a large glass of cold coffee in the evening followed by a meal of fish curry and rice for dinner.. Ive tried all possible home remedies, had eno twice, a tablet of diegine is what ive just had a minute ago.. It still persists.. Please advise a immedite relief cure.
Answered by Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Advised PPI

Detailed Answer:
According to your history it could be mostly due to Acid reflux.
I would suggest you Proton pump inhibitors(PPI) like Omeprazole 30 minutes before breakfast for 2 weeks.
Continue Diegine tablets after food twice a day for 3 days.
I would also suggest you changes in your diet.
Restrict hot beverages like tea and coffee.
Drink plenty of water.
Avoid oil,fast,junk,spicy food.Eat healthy vegetables and fruits.
Avoid heavy meals and avoid late night food.

Hope I answered your query.
If you have any queries I will be happy to help you.
Thank you

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad