Suggest treatment for perforated eardrum

Dr. Vasudha Jayant Athavale

Posted on Fri, 10 Jun 2016 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: there is a hole in right ear parda . where ihave to get operation.
Answered by Dr. Vasudha Jayant Athavale 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Consult a ENT surgeon.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX,
Thanks for the query. I have read your query & understand your problem.
From the location map, I know that you are staying at Race course road. Banglore. You are very fortunate to be there. you can get best treatment in your town itself. Please don't worry.
- You can approach ENT( Ear- Nose- Throat) department of the medical college there/ civil hospital Banglore... You would find best ENT surgeon there. You can approach the head of department there in ENT department & take his advise.
- Alternatively you can see some renowned surgeon in city .. & get his services in private hospital.
The needful treatment would be decided after examination by the ENT specialist doctor.IT may be
Patching of the hole with medicated paper,
Antibiotics,
Surgery.. where the hole is filled in with a graft of your own tissue.
Please don't worry. You would be fine,
Till you meet the doctor you can-
- foment the ear with a hot compress several times in a day.
- On the counter pain medicine like Ibuprofen 400 mg can be taken twice a day after eating.
- Please don't try to clean the ear with cotton stick,pin, water.
- also do not put anything in the ear without doctor's advise.
- eat healthy ,nourishing diet
I hope you found the answer useful. In case of any doubt, please ask & get it answered . I will be happy to help.
Please grade the answer if you find the answer useful .. before you close it.
Thanks.