Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
197 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for perforated eardrum

Answered by
Dr. Vasudha Jayant Athavale

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :1970

Answered : 6749 Questions

Posted on Fri, 10 Jun 2016 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: there is a hole in right ear parda . where ihave to get operation.
Answered by Dr. Vasudha Jayant Athavale 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Consult a ENT surgeon.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query. I have read your query & understand your problem.
From the location map, I know that you are staying at Race course road. Banglore. You are very fortunate to be there. you can get best treatment in your town itself. Please don't worry.
- You can approach ENT( Ear- Nose- Throat) department of the medical college there/ civil hospital Banglore... You would find best ENT surgeon there. You can approach the head of department there in ENT department & take his advise.
- Alternatively you can see some renowned surgeon in city .. & get his services in private hospital.
The needful treatment would be decided after examination by the ENT specialist doctor.IT may be
Patching of the hole with medicated paper,
Surgery.. where the hole is filled in with a graft of your own tissue.
Please don't worry. You would be fine,
Till you meet the doctor you can-
- foment the ear with a hot compress several times in a day.
- On the counter pain medicine like Ibuprofen 400 mg can be taken twice a day after eating.
- Please don't try to clean the ear with cotton stick,pin, water.
- also do not put anything in the ear without doctor's advise.
- eat healthy ,nourishing diet
I hope you found the answer useful. In case of any doubt, please ask & get it answered . I will be happy to help.
Please grade the answer if you find the answer useful .. before you close it.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to

Recent questions on  Ibuprofen

doctor1 MD

ive been suffering from dizziness and confusion sporadically. it only last for a few moments, often less than a minuet. ive been suffering from...

doctor1 MD

i have been in hospital with quite a bad case of tonsilitis today. i have pains in the top of my neck, my head, my ears, cheeks, and throat. i also...

doctor1 MD

Hello I suffer from Chronic costochondritis and I m comming up for 16 in may.. I was on the strongest ibuprofen allowed by law and it done so much...

doctor1 MD

hello last week I used misoprostol for medical abortion. one day after discontinue my drug , I had a bad head ache that aggrevate during midnight....

doctor1 MD

I am 14 weeks pregnant with twins. For the past 3 days am having severe shooting pain in my arms and shoulders. It started with left hand now moved...

doctor1 MD

I'm 27 year old female from past few days I have got joint pains . especially while climbing up and down the stairs along with the cracking sound....

doctor1 MD

My left testicle has been giving me slight pain and discomfort for around a week now. Especially when I lay on my side to go to sleep, it floats...