Suggest treatment for painful thighs

Dr. Saurabh Gupta

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement

Posted on Tue, 28 Apr 2015 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I am having in pain in both of my thighs. it's in the muscle and it's hard for me to walk. any idea what that might be?
YYYY@YYYY
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It might be due to muscle spasm and strain.

Detailed Answer:

The symptoms you have described are more likely to be symptoms of muscles strain.
To get relief from the pain and for quick healing:
1. Do hot fomatation at the site.
2. Apply local anti-inflammatory gel 2-3 times a day.
3. Take anti-inflammatory drugs like Ibuprofen to reduce pain and local swelling or inflammation.
4. Do not try to do exercise that involve painful muscles. Give proper time to heal.
In case the pain is persistent even after taking a mild pain killer, then you might need stronger prescription medicines like muscle relaxants after consulting your orthopedician.

I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.