Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for painful rash

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 3312 Questions
What kind of rash/bite is this? What needs to be done to cure it. It's quite painful and is swelling
Posted Mon, 18 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Antivirals will cure the rash

Detailed Answer:
Hi Madam,

I have carefully read through your query and understand your concern,

As per your clinical history and uploaded image ,it is most likely to be a viral induced rash called "POST HERPETIC NEURALGIA" .

This can produce exiquisitely tender rash,and vesicular pustules/papules.This arises due to reactivation of viruses after an episodes of a febrile illness.

I strongly recommend you to take antiviral drugs -valacyclovir PLUS pregabalin. This will resolve all the rash with adequate control of pain.

I hope and wish my feedback is useful and convincing to you
Kindly rate my answer as means of proving your feedback to improve my presentation,
Thank you,
Wish you good health,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor