Owl Image

Suggest treatment for painful rash

Owl Image
Dr. Suresh Heijebu

Question
What kind of rash/bite is this? What needs to be done to cure it. It's quite painful and is swelling
Tue, 19 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Antivirals will cure the rash

Detailed Answer:
Hi Madam,

I have carefully read through your query and understand your concern,

As per your clinical history and uploaded image ,it is most likely to be a viral induced rash called "POST HERPETIC NEURALGIA" .

This can produce exiquisitely tender rash,and vesicular pustules/papules.This arises due to reactivation of viruses after an episodes of a febrile illness.

I strongly recommend you to take antiviral drugs -valacyclovir PLUS pregabalin. This will resolve all the rash with adequate control of pain.

I hope and wish my feedback is useful and convincing to you
Kindly rate my answer as means of proving your feedback to improve my presentation,
Thank you,
Wish you good health,
Dr.Suresh