Suggest treatment for painful ingrown toenail

Posted on Mon, 27 Jun 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I keep getting ingrown toenail on the big toe. When I get pedicure every 2weeks she digs it out and it feels ok for awhile. When I sleep if I am on my stomach the same toe throbs,and hurts. What should I do? Should I get pedicure more often?
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Curve correct

Detailed Answer:
Hello
In grown toe nails can be treated in two ways.
1. Chemical cauterisation where the soft tissue in corner of toe is burnt with the use of chemical.
This is faster but painful.
2. Using braces.
Braces similar to dental braces can be applied on ingrown nails and left for 4 weeks.
Such braces are available for on line purchase.
One such website is curvecorrect.com
Decide about the approach you would like to take and let me know so I can guide you better.
Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina
Dr. Rahul Kumar

Dermatologist