Suggest treatment for ingrown toenail

Dr. Ilyas Patel

Dermatologist

Posted on Mon, 13 Mar 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: We had an ingrown toenail removed on my 14 year old 2 days ago. Should we be concerned?
Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Ingrowing toe nail

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to HCM....

I can understand your concern for surgery of ingrowing toe nail in your 14 year old son.

I saw the photos you posted. There is mild erythematous swelling which is very common in such surgery. So, do not worry. Let him get regular dressing by expert doctor. Antibiotics and anti inflammatory drugs should be continued till the swelling is reduced. Tell him to keep the affected foot elivated. He should take rest for few weeks. Antihistaminics may be suggested,if there is itching.

I hope this would helpful to your son.

Thanks.

Dr.Ilyas Patel MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana