Suggest treatment for pain in thighs and knee
Blood clot less likely.
Thanks for posting your query.
The pain from the hip radiating down the knee and calf is less likely to be due to blood clot. The more probable reasons are-
1. Calf muscle strain and tear - Usually due to overwork and overstretching of the muscles. Recent increase in leg exercises may cause these. Gradual increase in exercise and pain killers with mild anti inflammatory drugs can help in reducing the symptoms.
2. Muscle cramps: Muscles may cramp, causing significant pain. This may be due to a lack of stretching or an imbalance of electrolytes in the bloodstream. You need to get your serum sodium, potassium, calcium and magnesium levels checked.
3. Prolonged intake of hormonal therapy like oral pills might cause this.
4. Muscle ischaemia- associated with diabetes usually. There is acute pain associated with it.
5. Deep vein thrombosis- comes last among the list of probable diagnosis.
You may get the initial physical examination, relevant tests and treatment done under care of 'Orthopaedician'.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for knee pain relief
- Suggest medication and treatment for painful knee
- Was hit and received thigh contusion knee is paining treatment
- Suggest treatment for pain after knee surgery
- Suggest treatment for pain and swelling in knees
- Treatment and cure for Pains in the thighs
- Suggest treatment for ibdabsess on thigh and back pain
- Ayurvedic treatment for thigh pain
- Suggest treatment for knee pain
- Suggest treatment for pain due to knee injury