Suggest treatment for pain in the ribs

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Wed, 15 Mar 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: My 46 yr old husband is having pain in his upper/middle back, he says its his rib cage area. It comes and goes and is pretty severe. It has been like this for about a month and tonight it is uncomfortably worse.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 55 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be muscular pain.

Detailed Answer:
Pain in upper middle back that is intermittent and changes with change in posture can be a muscular pain. Rest hot compress and local analgesic gel application will help. He can take mild pain killers also. if the pain persists then do consult an orthopedician for examination and prescription of oral muscle relaxants.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal