• question-icon

Suggest treatment for pain in the hip

Posted on Tue, 1 Aug 2017 in General Health
Question: When I get up from a chair or bed I cannot stand up straight (pain) until I walk for awhile. I cannot sleep on my left side without waking up in pain from my hip. I have to work my left leg as there is pain until I walk for awhile.

What is the problem an what should I do?
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Probably osteoarthritis of the hip joint!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for contacting us at healthcare magic.

This pain is suggestive of osteoarthritis of the hip joint. You will need imaging studies such as X-rays and CT-scan to establish the exact nature of the damage and propose a plan to address this. I recommend you bring this up to your doctor during your next routine visit for further evaluation and management.

I hope this guides and helps. I wish you well. Feel free to follow up with me as you please.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Chobufo Ditah