Suggest treatment for pain in the hip and groin area

Dr. Mukund Savaskar

General Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 23 Aug 2016 in Abdominal Pain
Question: should I go to walk in medical. have loss of appetite, pain in lower groin area (left side) hip area (left) and lower back. no fever. had diverticulitis about 20 years ago. pain in lower stomach area . can raise leg without any pain and walk with no pain.
Answered by Dr. Mukund Savaskar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
GERD with IBS from old Diverticulitis / Under Evaluation

Detailed Answer:
Brief Ans-GERD with IBS from old Diverticulitis / Under Evaluation

Hi Dear !! Thanks for your query to HCM.
I reviewed facts of your query in context to your health issues and feel concerned about them.

My Primary Opinion-
In My opinion, in the given situation you seem to suffer from-?GERD with IBS from aggravated old Diverticulitis you have.
Dear, your pain in hip and groin seems to be from Procto-sigmoiditis -/ or inflamed spastic sigmoid and rectum.
History of 20 yrs Diverticulitis confirms the pain from above reasons.
Dear, all the complaints of yours-like-loss of appetite,pain in lower groin/hip/lower stomach- on left side with lower back pain- are from above reasons.

Cause of it-like aggravated Chronic Diverticulitis needs to be ruled by Consults with GI Surgeon.
As you can walk and could raise your leg without any pain, no need to take Aleve,as it would increase nausea.
Other causes need to be ruled out,after getting more details from you.

Reply to specific query of your's -
Q-1-should I go to walk in medical.
Ans-In view of the Diverticulitis history, Consult GI Surgeon/ Physician to treat the current health issues of yours.You should plan the medical check asap.
Before that take following steps with family doctor to come out of the emergency health issues.

Do's Suggested-
Get Stools/blood checked and check with family doctor.
PPI like Tab Pantoprazole with domeperidone-1 x 2 time per day x2 weeks
Get antibiotics-like Ofloxacin with Ornidazole
/ anti-spasmodics-like dicyclomine
Plenty of fluids / Bland diet with rice, butter milk, for 2 weeks/
Avoid spicy,nonveg,fried diet for 2 weeks.
Tab Lactobacillus ds-1 2 times x 2 weeks to correct the changed bacterial bowel flora.
Get script from family doctor and start above medicines.
Keep Me updated on reports of Stool/blood.

Next Appointment-
Asap-to resolve your emergency problem

Dear, Please update more information and details, on the lines asked above,to give further suggestions in this confusing complaint query.

If you update more information/ details upon these suggestions, I would give further suggestions on medicines to correct your health issues.

If need be, update any health issue 24 x 7 by a direct question to ME, at following HCM link-http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/Funnel?page=askDoctorDirectly&docId=70229

Dear, if you don't have any further query in this regard, Do close this query with YOUR pleasing and excellent feedback comments to rate this reply and service, to boost the morale of incoming Emergency patients like YOU, at HCM services.

If you want to update more details and ask more update queries ,
You are most Welcome herewith !!

Good Day!!

Wishing Good Healthy Life in time to come!!

Dr.Savaskar M.N. XXXXXXX Surgical Specialist
M.S.Genl-CVTS

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad