Suggest treatment for pain in the heels
Thank you for your query.
I'm Dr. Shuba Hariprasad and will be answering your query today.
I'm sorry that feel this way.
Based on what your described, I would like to rule out calcaneal spurs.
These are benign bony outgrowths that occur due to injury or over strain due to increased pressure on that area. Commonly seen in overweight /obese people
I recommend :
- a consult with an orthopedic Doctor.
- x-ray to confirm the spur and size.
-an MRI may be necessary if tissue damage is suspected.
-blood tests to check for electrolyte imbalance & uric acid levels.
-anti inflammatory medications and topical gel application
-good supportive shoes
-massage your feet regularly to improve circulation & reduce pain & swelling.
-weight loss if over weight
Surgery may be required if the symptoms are severe and the spur is too big that it causes damage of surrounding areas.
Please seek medical attention as soon as you can. The earlier it is diagnosed and treated along with lifestyle modifications, the better and quicker the recovery.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.
Wish you good health.
Dr. Shuba Hariprasad
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for stomach pains
- Cause and treatment for heel pain
- Suggest treatment for coccyx pain
- Suggest treatment for back pain
- Foot heel pain treatment
- Suggest treatment for joint pain
- Treatment for painful callus in heel
- Suggest treatment for heel pain
- Suggest treatment for pain and anxiety
- Treatment and cure for heel pain