Suggest treatment for pain in testicles and upper thighs

Dr. Grzegorz Stanko

General Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 27 Apr 2015 in Lump
Question: i have pain in my testicles that effects the muscles of my upper thigh. i cannot lay down without severe pain. when sitting i cannot lift my legs because of terrible pain across the top of my upper thighs. continually getting worse
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You should consult urologist.

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

If this pain has appeared recently, testicle torsion is what should be ruled out at first. This is an emergency condition and can not be left alone.
If the pain is present with you for some time now (few days), testicle inflammation, epidydimitis, inguinal hernia or even testicle cancer can be the case.

I suggest you to do not wait with it. Please consult urologist and have testicle ultrasound done. In case of testicle torsion, surgery is necessary. Inflammation should be treated with antibiotics.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Regards.