Suggest treatment for pain in foot while walking

Dr. Muhammad Ahmad

Posted on Fri, 16 Sep 2016 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Two days ago I was running/walking and started to experience some foot pain at the top of my left foot. I figured that it was just from running on the concrete or a muscle cramp. It is still store in a concentrated spot. when I am resting, it doesn't really hurt, but doing burpees yesterday and running/walking. When I am at rest, it doesn't hurt but it feels weird. I think it might be slightly swollen, but not terribly.
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ahmad 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Here are a few suggestions for you.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing to Health Care Magic, I am Dr Muhammd Ahmad, I have closely read your question and I understand your concerns, I will hereby guide you regarding your health related problem.

You seem to be having some torn soft tissue due to stress on it, this can be cured and can go back to normal, with a few things to do.

Here are a few things you can do to get a quicker relief.
1) Take enough rest dont walk un necessarily for 15 days and dont run for a month.
2) Wrap crepe bandage around it.
3) Rub diclofenac or brufen cream on it twice a day.
4) Take ibuprofen 400mg twice a day for 7 days it will help with pain but will also reduce the inflammation.
5) Warm compress the area this will reduce spasm at stress at that place.
6) Keep it elevated just a bit from rest of leg when ever possible like sitting on the couch put your foot on the table in front. In bed put a pillow under it.
It might take 15-20 days to be perfectly normal resting is the key , running with this foot will only made things worse.

I hope this answered your question, if you have more feel free to ask,otherwise close the discussion and rate it.

Regards.

Dr.Muhammad Ahmad.
General and Family Physician..