Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for pain due to fracture

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 5164 Questions
I am 75 yrs old in good health but got knocked by a dog causing a fracture to the right pubic ramus superior &causing asevere cervical radiculopathy/stenosis to c4-5-6 vertebral levels as I am a full time carer to my husband who is disabled will they repair or let me have such pain the rest of my life I fell it more on left side with pain & numbness down my left arm I am trying to see a neurosurgeon as I am only pensioner could you please give me some information on this matter thank XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Posted Sat, 22 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 2 hours later
Brief Answer: For pubic XXXXXXX fracture rest and traction. Detailed Answer: Hello, I have studied your case and your report. Due to cervical stenosis pain may remain persistent Due to compression of nerve root there can be tingling numbness in your arm and pain. Also there can be large disc bulge which is compressing over spinal cord. For these symptoms analgesic and neurotropic medication can be started. Till time, avoid lifting weights. You can consult physiotherapist for help. Physiotherapy like ultrasound and interferential therapy will give quick relief. I will advise to check your vit B12 and vit D3 level. If nerve compression becomes symptomatically severe then surgical decompression will give permanent relief. For pubic XXXXXXX fracture rest and traction may give permanent relief. Symptomatic treatment will help in fracture healing. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor