Suggest treatment for pain behind legs and knees

Posted on Sat, 13 Jun 2015 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I feel pain in back portion of my legs like nerves are stretching, I can also feel pain in my knees as well.

long time around 3-4 months while playing cricket my right toe twisted so I feel pain in there too.

could it be possible to cure for this.
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You may be having disc problem in spine

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX ,
I have studied your case.Most probably you are having disc herniation with nerve compression in back.it is causing pain in both leg.
To confirm this diagnosis I would recommend you to get MRI of the spine.This will confirm the diagnosis. If there is herniation then you will need to do following.
1.Take pregabalin M one daily.
2. Back muscle strengthening exercises.
3.hot water fomentation
4.Bed rest and avoid weight lifting and forward bending.
I would also suggest you to get x ray of the foot to see if there is any hair line fracture in the toe. Then you will need strapping.
I hope this answer will be useful for you. Let me know if there is any other followup questions. thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Follow up: Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma 6 hours later
thanks doc, can u please suggest best clinic to visit for this in XXXXXXX area near silk bord.
I don't want to run again n again to spend more and expect 100% relief.

It would be great we can fix an appointment so that i will be relax for the case.
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma 18 hours later
Brief Answer:
I can suggest you Dr GRK XXXXXXX

Detailed Answer:
NIMHANS is good hospital where you can meet all the good doctors related to your problem. Dr GRK XXXXXXX is one who works there and have a clinic near by you. I can not fix your appointment.
You can meet him and share his opinion with me. He will be helpful for you.
thanks
Follow up: Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma 4 hours later
thanks doctor, I went to doctor at st johns he checked my leg n gave me vitamin d tables n asked to do some exercise. is it fine...
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma 24 hours later
Brief Answer:
You can take these medicines

Detailed Answer:
I have studied your case. You can take these medicines. If you feel better then it is good. If it is not helping then get MRI.
thanks
Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement