Suggest treatment for ovarian cyst that might be malignant

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine
Question
Hi. I have a 4cm complex ovarian cyst that looks suspicious/cancerous. A couple of my CA markers are high & I have quite a no. of symptoms that could suggest ovarian cancer. I have been told that the cyst is encaptulated. (nothing suspicious outside of the wall of cyst at this stage) If it is cancerous, will I have to have treatment (chemo) after it's removed.
Posted Thu, 21 Aug 2014 in Cervical and Ovarian Cancer

Answered by Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Detailed below.

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear thanks for your query.
I understand your concern but you should be calm until diagnose can be determined by a team of doctors.
If it is cancerous your cancer care team will recommend 1 or more treatment options.
The main treatments for ovarian cancer are:

Surgery
Chemotherapy
Hormone therapy
Targeted therapy
Radiation therapy

Often, 2 or more different types of treatments are used.

The choice of treatment depends largely on the type of cancer and the stage of the disease.
Other factors that could play a part in choosing the best treatment plan might include your general state of health and other personal considerations.

All the best