• question-icon

    Suggest treatment for numbness in hands and chronic swelling

Posted on Wed, 25 May 2016 in Lump
Question: I was diagnosed with planter fasiaitis(sp). First my left. After 8 months it healed. No sooner did it feel better, the right began to hurt. The swelling is chronic. Motrin is no longer effective, nothing is. It's getting close to 2 years now that I can't walk right or live my life. I wake up and my hands are numb. Physical therapy is not working. Blood work came back normal. No arthritis. I am 52 yrs. old and live like an 80 yr. old. I'm depressed. Tired of living in pain every day of my life. What else can I ask my Dr. to test me for?

Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please do the following and give me feedback

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query.
To recapitulate: Female/52 - planter fascitis - left took 8 months to heal - then started with right - chronic swelling - can not walk - live like 80 years - depressed - taken tons of Motrin, not effective - done physical therapy, hot/cold therapy, electro-therapy -

I can understand the pains you must be going through and have tried many things.
Please discuss the following things with your Doctor, I am giving you some solutions which work for all my patients.

Take broad based bucket or a bowl in which you can rest your both feet comfortably.
Pour in a water till it fills up to 8 inches. Remove the feet and start adding common salt to the water. Go on adding till you can see the salt not being able to dissolve. This makes it supersaturated solution.
Once this saturated solution is made, you have to make it warm on a stove to an extent that the back of your hand can tolerate, pour it into the bucket, test the temperature again, rest your feet in to the bucket. Keep part of the solution on the stove so that you can add warm solution to the bucket with feet. Continue for 15 minutes minimum twice daily. Do not throw away this solution as it will look dirty after some days; use the same.

You may take an additional oral steroids in the form of deflazacort/Omnacortil under the prescription of your Doctor, in tapering dosage and may take diuretics if needed as you are non-responsive to pain-killers.
Always take multivitamins as they act like anti-oxidants.

I hope this helps you as it helps many of my patients.
Please feel free to ask for more if you need to or if you feel that there is a gap of communication.
Wishing you an early and complete recovery.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Answered by
Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon

Practicing since :1984

Answered : 18097 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on

Recent questions on  Steroid

doctor1 MD

I am Laura Maria Torres, 21years old, I live in Bogota, Colombia. In August 2001, at the age of 11, I was diagnosed brain cancer, a medulloblastoma...

doctor1 MD

Hello, I am 27 years old, from Bulgaria â?? Sofia. I am practicing body-building actively and I have been taking anabolic steroids since several...

doctor1 MD

I took cypionate twice (1cc each 100mg) but have been reading about all the Ill side effects. From unfertile sperm, testicle shrinkage, and bad...

doctor1 MD

HI, 2 years ago I was in hospital with bad liver damage went yellow ect from using oxymethalone a anabolic steroid since I have after 8 months...

doctor1 MD

Hi For the past week or so my fingers, in between my thumb it’s red and my next finger it’s red on the side and my middle finger its red on the...

doctor1 MD

how often can you take Prednisone? I have reallybad inflamation in my hands and it took it away . The swelling has come back now and I dont know...

doctor1 MD

I was having itching in my areas involving touching such as thighs, underarms and it was causing sour smell, so i asked one of the doctors here and...

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

172 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
Questions Answered By Dr. T Chandrakant
  • Q - Suggest treatment for severe pain in foot from hip to toe

  • Q - Suggest treatment for gall bladder stones

  • Q - What causes pain and bleeding post rectocele repair surgery?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for gastritis

  • Q - What causes chest pain and abdominal pain?

  • Q - What does this ultrasonongraphy report indicate?

  • Q - What causes whitish color of outside of urethra?

  • Q - What causes skin growth on buttocks oozing pus?

  • Q - What does this EKG report indicate?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for darkened glans penis