• question-icon

Suggest treatment for neuropathy in the legs

Posted on Wed, 21 Jun 2017 in Brain and Spine
Question: HI, Thank you for this opportunity, 6 years ago I was diabetic, since I had three strokes and car accident and was given so much morphine that I could not do my daily 6 mile walk and during this period, neuropathy developed in both legs. I was given Lyrica with out succes. I asked for Cymbalta as side effect is know to cure neuro defect. This made my ALT level go to 900 ( 10) being the norm. Is there any cure that you know of to restore neural transmission. I cured Diabetes myself with hers from european scal 33 to 5.2 3 mont average now stable for 4 years

Sorry forgot to mention Renexa Ranolazine as medication 375 mg b/d
Answered by Dr. Ajay Panwar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Complete reversal is not likely.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for being on healthcaremagic.com.
I am Dr.Ajay Panwar,a neurologist,here to answer your query.

Since Cymbalta and Lyrica have already been tried,alternative medicines like amitriptyline or nortriptyline can be used.Further,methylcobalamin supplementation will also help in recovery.

Though, complete neuropathy reversal usually does not occur.
Hope that helps.If you have any specific questions in this regard, I shall be glad to answer the same.

Dr.Ajay Panwar,
MD,DM(Neurology)
Dr. Ajay Panwar

Neurologist