Suggest treatment for nausea, diarrhea and stomach cramps
food poisoning or viral bug
Thanks for writing to us.
From your description it looks like food poisoning or viral gastritis.
Since both of you have been vomiting the chances of food poisoning is high. The source could be anything you have been consuming for the past week.
It could also be a viral infection which has spread from you to your daughter. Sometimes viral infection can last a week before settling.
No need to worry. It will settle down in a few days.
Try identifying source if possible. Avoid refrigerated foods esp reheating.
Eat only freshly cooked food. Try more liquids and oral electrolyte solution like pedialyte.
I usually prescribe ondansetron ( you need to visit your gp for the same) to control vomiting.
Probiotics like saccharomyces can help.
Wishing you both good health and speedy recovery.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sweating diarrhea stomach cramps cold chills
- Treatment for vomiting diarrhea stomach cramps acid reflux
- Bleeding nose diarrhea stomach cramps
- Vomiting diarrhea stomach cramps reason
- Chronic diarrhea stomach cramps taking imodium remedy
- Diarrhea stomach cramps fever headache
- Feeling tired diarrhea stomach cramps how to overcome this problem
- Diarrhea stomach cramps and feeling sick
- What is the cure for diarrhea stomach cramps and nausea
- Diarrhea stomach cramps and headache
- Constant crying baby,not sleeping,given gripe water.Suggestions ?
- Baby has frequent running nose, sneezing, fever. Prescribed with...
- Swelling of legs after a drive. Is this normal? Or is it related to...
- 23 days baby is having cold and cough, not able to sleep well. Giving...
- Baby started vomitting and loose motion. Losing weight. Stool test done....
- Baby has low weight, elevated liver enzymes. What does this mean? Usual...
- Will consuming omega 3 supplement affect a breast fed child?
- Child felt warm, given Calpol. Blood test suggested. Appreciate a second...
- Child tightens his hands and jaws, makes grunting sound. Is everything...
- Child getting fever, cough and cold frequently. Constant constipation....