Suggest treatment for nasal congestion and vomiting

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Pulmonologist

Posted on Mon, 27 Mar 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I started having cold symptoms 15 days ago and visited my PCP 11 days ago. He said it was Common Cold and to wait it out. He checked for flu and was negative. I still have a very bad dry cough( its never been wet) pretty frequently(every 10 minutes) with slight sore throat from the cough. Also bad nasal congestion all day and nausea/vomiting in the mornings. Has this developed into some other type of illness that I could get medication for if I went back to him? Thanks
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes, you should definitely consult doctor again.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question on HealthcareMagic.
I can understand your concern.
By your history and description, possibility of bacterial infection is more.
Bacterial infection of throat is common after cold.
And your persistent symptoms are suggestive of bacterial infection more.
So better to consult your doctor and rule out bacterial infection.
You may need antibiotics and other supportive drugs.
Drink plenty of fluids orally and keep yourself hydrated.
Do steam inhalation and warm water gargles 5-6 times a day.
Don't worry, you will be alright.
Hope I have solved your query. I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health. Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy