Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
193 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for motion sickness

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2584 Questions
Hi, My Kids, (4 years and 7 Years) both have vomiting issue when they travel by car or bus. What I should be giving them to avoid this ?
Posted Thu, 30 Jan 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 38 minutes later
Brief Answer: Antiemetic drugs... Detailed Answer: Hi, It looks like both your children have motion sickness. I suggest my patients to use antiemetic drugs like domperidone before the start of journey. The dose suggested is 0.1 - 0.2mg per kg body weight. This medicine can be repeated after 6 hours if needed. His treating doctor will know about this drug. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for motion sickness 23 hours later
Thanks! I checked with his pediatrics and she has suggested emeset. Regards, XXXX
Answered by Dr. Prasad 35 minutes later
Brief Answer: Domstal and emeset have similar actions... Detailed Answer: Dear XXXXXXX Emeset and domperidone belong to the same group of drugs and have similar potentials. You can continue emeset as advised. Let me know if you need clarifications. If you have no more questions, please close this discussion. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor