• question-icon

    Suggest treatment for milk intolerance in a child

Posted on Thu, 3 Aug 2017 in Child Health
Question: Hi Doctor, My son is 9 years and 5 months old. He is allergic to Milk products, egg, cold weather. As he is not taking milk products and eggs, he is not strong enough. So doctor advised to take food rich in proteins and tablets containing multivitamin, anti oxidants and trace elements. Please suggest which tablets he can take for the same. Is there any milk product which will not cause allergy?
Also when he is eating chapathi, meat he is having loose motions due to heat and we cannot give curd/butter milk due to his allergy to milk products. Please suggest a medicine/syrup for this also.
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Are you two (parents) of heavy build?

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. I would insist you to get a blood allergy profile for your child done and to visit an allergy centre with the reports. They would be able to undertake desensitisation programmes which will help him tolerate those items better.

You need to ensure that the child eats a standard diet. Protein makes the structure of the body and about 20-30g of protein is needed per day. This cannot be supplied through any medicines. The energy comes from carbohydrates (cereals etc.) and is needed in bulk as well. Please be informed that no medicines, tablets or syrups are going to make your child strong or could improve his build. Unless his parents are heavily built, you should not expect the same from him. His physique is expected to be no better than you two. Any efforts to change the outcomes do nothing more than make you upset further.

Micronutrients like vitamins are required in very minute amounts and are not stored. Unless there is a specific deficiency, giving them would be useless and they would simply get flushed out with urine.

Let me know if I could help further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Answered by
Dr. Diptanshu Das


Practicing since :2005

Answered : 3826 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on

Recent questions on  Multivitamin

doctor1 MD

i am planning for pregnancy. recently i got allergy in my mouth due to teeth composite inserted by the dentist one month back. after removing that...

doctor1 MD

I have done 3 positive pregnancy tests in the last few days, but I am not convinced that the result is correct because a month ago I had a false...

doctor1 MD

I have slight PCOD. I am 37 years. Doctor advised me to take Obimet SR 500 mg twice a day alongwith Ovacare and B vitamin tablet Nurac HR. What are...

doctor1 MD

i get slight pain in abdomen upon orgasm but no sperm comes out. what is wrong? i am 64 years old male. 5'11 220 lbs.i do take symbicort[3 puffs...

doctor1 MD

Hi Doctor, My wife is 12 weeks pregnant now. She is suffering a lot with constipation though she is try to take a lot of water as advised. COuld...

doctor1 MD

I am 45 days pregnant and i already have 1 child who is 2 years old. Myself amd my husband have not planned for the second child so we want to...

doctor1 MD

I am a 49 yo female. I have had external hemorrhoids in the distant past. I pass a large (long), snakey, formed stool daily. The terminal part of...

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

183 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
Questions Answered By Dr. Diptanshu Das
  • Q - Suggest treatment for autism spectrum disorder

  • Q - What causes loose stools post cesarean operation?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for rash on a 4 yr old

  • Q - What do light colored skin patches on thigh indicate?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for fever and sore throat in a child

  • Q - What causes swelling in head of an infant?

  • Q - Can Taxim O Forte and Vizylac be given together?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for anorectal malformation in a down syndrome child

  • Q - What causes vomiting after feeding breast milk?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for persistent high fever