Suggest treatment for metastatic cancer in brain

Posted on Sat, 6 Jun 2015 in Breast Cancer
Question: My daughter XXXXXXX XXXXXXX got inflammatory breast cancer and unfortunately she is TRIPLE NAGATIVE.
CHEMOTHERAPY OVER.Masectomy surgery done onMarch,2nd.at U.S.A.She is now taking Radiation Therapy at Fort wayne(Indiana-U.S.A.)80% radiation for affected part is over.Un expectedly metastasis came as 2 cms. tumer in brain.From thursday radiation is started to brain.We are trying to survive her.
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
surgery to remove brain metastasis

Detailed Answer:
I understand your concerns. This is really unfortunate.

If there is only one brain metastasis of size 2 cm then I would recommend removing it surgically and then give RT. Provided the rest of the body is clear.

Hope this helps.
Dr. Indranil Ghosh

Oncologist