Suggest treatment for maxillary sinusitis

Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal

ENT Specialist

Posted on Wed, 22 Mar 2017 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Tell me meaning made of right maxillary polypoidal mucosal thickening
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Maxillary sinusitis

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to HealthcareMagic and thanks for putting up the query
Maxillary sinuses lie in both sides of nose I.e right and left and they open into the nose. They are lined by mucosa. If there is hypertrophy or increase in the thickness of this lining, it is called as maxillary mucosal thickening. The thickening can be large enough to grow towards centre leading to polyp formation. These polyps can grow to extend towards nose and may project into nose. These all are suggestive of maxillary sinusitis And it needs treatment.
In your case there is right maxillary sinusitis.
Any further questions or doubts are always welcome.
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad