Suggest treatment for lump in the throat near uvula
I have an odd question to ask, behind my Uvula in my throat on the wall behind it i notice there is a bone there - like a small lump but it's the consistency of a bone and feels like it's apart of my throat. I am just wondering it it's normal to feel a bone in that region. I've noticed it before in the past but I am a hypochondriac so I just want to make sure that it's normal to have a bone in that region for peace of mind. If not, i can head to the doctors.
Tonsil crypts with white stones
Thank you for contacting HCM with your health care concerns
You are concerned about what looks like bone in the back of your throat. This white hard stones are normal. These stones or found in the little holes or crypts in the tonsil. It is caused by food particles and bacteria collecting and turning hard. They are not dangerous and will not cause any problems. I would recommend possibly doing salt water gargles daily to help clean out the crypts to prevent further stone formation. You don't need to see any other providers
I hope I answered your question. Please contact us again if you have any additional questions.
it is directly entered in the middle of the back of the throat and it is under the skin and has no color to it. It feels as though it is apart of my anatomy - and is not located where my tonsils are. It feels like it could be a bone that is just able to be felt under the skin.
Could this be a possibility?
Thank your for clarifying your question. I was not sure exactly what you were asking. But yes there is bone directly behind the throat it is the vertebra. This is normal and should not be of any concern. This is normal anatomy
And it's normal to feel this bone as a kinda of rounded bump?
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for throat infection
- Suggest treatment for abdomen lump
- What is the lump in my throat near my uvula
- Suggest treatment for throat pain
- Suggest treatment for sore throat
- Suggest ayurvedic treatment for swollen uvula and dry mouth
- Suggest treatment for irritation in throat
- Lump in throat behind uvula
- Treatment for lump in throat not relieved by clindamycin
- Lump on throat difficulty in breathing treatment
- Suggest treatment for bone cancer
- What causes dry mouth and white patch on tongue?
- What causes burning sensation and pain in elbow joint and hip joint?
- Suggest treatment for skin rashes
- What are side effects of Metanx?
- What does a brown spot on arm indicate?
- What causes hair growth on heel?
- Suggest treatment for itchy, painful and swollen legs
- Suggest treatment for hemiplegic migraines
- What causes itching and pain in feet at night while sleeping?